Building on Our Strengths
SFU has a long-standing reputation for facilitating exceptional interdisciplinary community engaged research on regional, national and international levels. Building upon this tradition and leveraging our existing partnerships, we provide a unique platform for engaging stakeholders in academia, government, energy, auto manufacturing, and non-governmental organizations in the development of solutions around sustainable transportation systems.
We invite you to partner with the START and help us to:
- become leaders in sustainable transportation systems, producing innovative and integrated research;
- provide evidence-based policy advice and business strategy;
- bring together stakeholders in the transportation sector and build networks of strategic partnerships;
- disseminate research, education and training to stakeholders and the public
- provide a foundation for faculty, graduate and undergraduate students to work together to develop innovative transportation solutions;
- support the piloting and demonstration of innovative systems and technologies; and,
- help shape Canada’s transportation future.